Whenever I think of face-to-face training, that scene comes to mind in which a teacher dictated his class to a student who was a mere absent spectator in the last row. I keep wondering why I was going to class. Now I ask myself: What is better online training or face-to-face training?
Discover your talent among more than 350 Masters, Postgraduates, Experts and Courses
Index of contents
Online training or face-to-face training?
The other day a university professor explained to me that, tired of always teaching the same class, he had decided to record it on video. At first the news shocked me. Then I realized that it was actually much better. The student could watch the class whenever he wanted and the teacher would spend his time tutoring him.
He had transformed his face-to-face class into a much more flexible model by taking advantage of distance training . In this case, the video.
In online training the barriers of space and time disappear thanks to technology – there are no distances -. Today, it must be recognized that the only thing that remains irreplaceable is physical contact between people, but everything else is.
In terms of results, various reports from both the United States government and some associations of personnel managers show that in both cases the academic results are very similar. Accrediting, yes, that online training develops critical thinking and the ability to learn to learn among those who choose this option.
In addition, online training is evolving much faster than face-to-face training. The models of interactive learning , applying technology and measurement data directly redound increasingly personalized models for the student and, therefore, high impact.
Telecommuting : survival guide
Advantages of online training compared to face-to-face
Online training contains numerous advantages over face-to-face training. The most relevant are the following:
- Thanks to online training, the student is much more productive and learns more in less time and with less effort.
- Online training allows you to stay up-to-date and is the best way to keep your professional training up to date.
- The content is accessible twenty-four hours seven days a week, anywhere and anytime.
- You can learn from the best professionals no matter where they are from or where they are.
- The student learns from others and shares his knowledge, this being one of the keys by which he learns much more with less effort.
- Communication between teachers and students is constant. The work takes place in collaborative and group learning environments .
- Virtual education enables students to be more creative, consistent, effective, and faster in finding and creating solutions.
- It makes it possible to combine formal learning with informal and social .
- It adapts to the needs of each student by creating personal learning environments.
- The student enhances fundamental skills such as critical thinking or their ability to learn to learn.
Differences between online and face-to-face training
On the other hand, among the differences of both learning modalities, there are the following:
- In face-to-face training, the center is in the teacher and in their ability to transmit their knowledge.
- Online training puts the student and their ability to learn through practice at the center, that is why we go around the class and the most important thing is to learn through experience with practice.
- In the classroom, it is about creating a unique experience for the teacher so that he can better convey what he knows and the student memorize everything he can.
- Within online training we build a unique learning experience for the student in a collaborative environment where they gain experience from the “ Experience Learning” practice
- In the face-to-face training you memorize what they teach you and they evaluate you with exams. You learn what you need to know but many times you don’t learn how to apply it, do you?
- In online training you solve projects learning in a group with your peers and mentor and you receive professional and non-academic feedback with continuous evaluations.
- Online training is transforming the value chain from a teacher and content- centric model to a learner- and learning-centric model.
In short, a change of model is taking place where the student stops being a mere spectator to become the true protagonist .
IEBS applies a modern methodology and at the forefront of innovation, offering online training and masters . It is considered among the 10 best business schools in Spain and the first online according to the CSIC Ranking and the 2nd in Latin America according to the Ibero-American ranking.
Did you find the article interesting? Comment and share!
Try our methodology for free and train with the best professionals in the sector.
I want to find out!