The Pedagogical Assistant helps to prepare and set up training courses allowing pupils, students or interns to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a diploma, a title in the sector or certification.
Under the responsibility of the pedagogical director, the Pedagogical Assistant guides the trainers in the use of teaching methods and practices. It promotes the use of teaching tools and helps to regularly assess the teaching skills of trainers to improve performance.
Its main activities are based on 3 main areas: animation of the teaching team by participating in preparation and educational evaluation meetings, managing training schedules and budgets, etc., but also supporting students or trainees during their training by updating their individual files, helping elements in difficulty, welcoming new people … and of course without forgetting the monitoring and follow-up of regulatory developments in order to stay up to date and informed about the training area.
The activities of the pedagogical manager may vary depending on the field in which the training is carried out, the size of the organization and its status. For example in the medico-social field, some educational officials may, due to the regulatory framework, be appointed by the national education system and have a purely administrative role …
The Educational Assistant supervises the organization, implementation and educational monitoring of training. To do so, he must be organized, available and have a strong sense of communication. He is a specialist in the field in the activity sector of the training center. He has skills in group animation.
- Coordinate the activity of a pedagogical team (Help in organizing the schedules of students and teachers)
- Participate in the follow-up of calls and emails
- Help with the allocation of lessons, equipment and rooms
- Development of trainer / student schedules, interns, etc.
- Manage training schedules and budgets
- Supervise permanent and temporary trainers
- Process information (collect, classify and update)
- Welcoming new students
- Participate in information and orientation meetings.
- Office tools
- Socio-cultural characteristics of audiences
- Project management
- Pedagogical competence
- Training techniques
- Excellent communicator
- Sense of discernment
- Good communication skills