Do you have a website, a blog or an online store? Then it is essential that you know the concept of conversion funnel or conversion funnel. Including this procedure in your online marketing strategy will help you make better decisions and optimize efforts. Keep reading to know more!
You may also be interested in: What is Digital Marketing: Definition, strategies and evolution
Index of contents
What is the conversion funnel?
The funnel or conversion funnel is a digital marketing methodology that tries to define the steps that a user has to take to meet a certain objective within a website: usually become a record or lead or specify the purchase of a product or service .
Carrying out the different phases of the conversion funnel will allow you to measure the percentage of losses that occurs in each of the steps that the user performs on the web until the final objective is achieved. In addition, it will help you to visually identify what is happening with the flow of people entering your platform and thus detect and correct errors .
The conversion funnel is part of the discipline of Inbound Marketing, a digital marketing technique that seeks to reach the target audience in a non-intrusive way . This way of advertising through content that adds value to the user is very effective and increasingly popular in the world of marketing. If you are not familiar with the methodology and want to expand your knowledge, we recommend that you take a look at our Master in Inbound Marketing. You will become an expert!
Phases or stages of a conversion funnel
Generally, we can distinguish 5 basic stages in the conversion funnel if our final goal is to sell a product or service:
In this first phase, it is about making the brand known through online marketing strategies (SEO optimization, actions in social networks, content generation, PPC campaigns …). The idea is to gain visibility and notoriety in the sector to which we belong and attract the largest number of visits to our website.
The second stage focuses on gaining the trust of the audience . To do this, we must make a good impression on the first visits that users make on the web and awaken their interest.
If the user has reached this stage in the conversion funnel, it means that they consider you a viable option to make the purchase. Our goal now is to retain them and get them to spend as much time as possible on our website. For this, it is essential that they become records or leads , and thus obtain their data and be able to follow up on them.
At this point, our audience turns into real customers – we’ve already converted . To make the purchase effective, it is important that this phase is as fluid as possible, do not turn it into a complicated task or with many steps or you will run the risk of the customer giving up.
Once the sale is closed, our work is not done yet. Now the goal is for buyers to buy back the product or service and also to become our sellers . For this, it is essential that they have felt satisfied with the purchase and decide to recommend us.
Why use a conversion funnel
There are many reasons to use a funnel, but the most important thing is that it helps us plan, convert and achieve maximum profitability in our digital marketing plan . Next, we show you more advantages and benefits that you will obtain using a conversion funnel for your business.
- The funnel acts as a metric and provides us with a very important piece of information: the percentage of user losses that occurs in each defined phase.
- It helps us analyze user behavior on the web. In this way, we will be able to find out: when users fall out of the funnel, what mistakes we have made, what aspects we have to improve and, therefore, where we should focus our efforts. Basically, it gives us the keys to be able to optimize each phase to the maximum and achieve the final goal.
- Using conversion funnels we can put mass marketing aside and focus on attracting a type of user more interested in our product. For this we must have a limited definition of our ideal target or buyer person.
- On the other hand, it also helps us calculate the return on investment (ROI) of our campaign.
- Ultimately, it allows us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to bring as many customers as possible to the last level of the conversion funnel.
Tools to optimize your conversion funnel
If you have already convinced yourself of how important it is to implement the conversion funnel methodology for your online marketing strategy, it is time to take action . To do this, you must first have defined the digital objectives of your business, have a marketing and sales infrastructure to serve leads and know the basic principles of Inbound Marketing.
Software to analyze
Once you have all these elements, it is time to choose a software that facilitates the analysis of the phases of your conversion funnel. We propose the following 4:
- HubSpot: Powerful and intuitive software with which you can generate all the steps of a conversion funnel and know the analytics behind your goals.
- Google Analytics: It allows you to analyze and define each stage of the conversion process.
- ClickFunnels: Software completely focused on creating funnels that offers you templates to prepare sales, webinars, offers, etc. It is intuitive and easy to use.
- Markitude : It offers the possibility of carrying out marketing automation actions that will help you plan each phase of your funnel.
As you have seen, carrying out conversion funnels on your website requires time and dedication . Still, making this effort is worth it as it will help you achieve very good results.
On the other hand, training is also vital to be able to plan and manage sound strategies. With the Master in Digital Marketing and Social Media you will learn techniques and tools that will allow you to carry out a successful digital marketing campaign . Don’t wait any longer and achieve the goals that will make your business grow!
If you found this post interesting, you can share it with your contacts on social networks, surely many of them still do not know this methodology and it may be useful! Do not hesitate to interact with us in the comments to send us your impressions, we will be happy to read you. Thank you very much and see you soon!